Monday, June 1

Inspiration Part 2: Upstairs

There are three rooms on the second floor. There are two roughly equally sized rooms and one smaller room that has no closet. This will most likely be Mr. Marshall's study. There is also some finished attic space on the third floor, but I can't decide whether that should be the master bedroom, the guest bedroom or a family-type room. For the purposes of this experiment, let's just say that the attic will be the guest bedroom/fun space when we don't have guests and that the third room on the second floor will be the...baby's room...once we have one. 

The Master Bedroom:

The walls will be a light shade of periwinkle (maybe?), with lots of different whites (the bedding, the curtains, the furniture) with accents of sparkle and silver (a chandelier, a mirror, tsotchkes, etc). A lot like this photo, but without the ambers and ochres:

I don't remember from whence this image came!

I haven't worked out exactly what I want my bedroom to look like, but I know that I want it to have light, airy and romantic qualities, just like this: 

Image courtesy itsheavenly.blogspot.com

I have to point out that the bedroom pictured above comes from Zara Home. OMG, if only they had those in the US, I would spend a fortune there!

The Attic/Guest Bedroom:

The attic has lots of nooks and crannies and is very cozy, which is why I think it should be done up in a very British manner. But, unlike the British influence downstairs, the attic will be feminine and light. Victorian, rather than Tudor. I'm feeling florals:

Image courtesy of Wallpapers To Go

Image courtesy of Ralph Lauren Home

I like twin beds for a guest room - purely aesthetically - I don't care that a full sized bed is probably the most practical for the people who will come to visit us!

Image courtesy of House Beautiful

I hope our male houseguests will be okay with all this pretty. 

I can't really detail what the baby's room will eventually look like, because a) I'm not pregnant and I'm sure that would be bad juju, and b) when I do (hopefully) get pregnant, I don't know whether it will be a boy or a girl. But...I can't resist. Here is just one gender neutral baby item that I think is just toooo cool:
 
Image courtesy of 1stdibs

It's a cradle by Fornasetti. A good start to an artistic life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment